ADOPT ADVANCED SOLUTIONS TO DESIGN AND MAKE DIGITALISED, INTELLIGENT AND HUMAN-SCALE CITIES.
Filippetti Group’s Smart Cities technologies are the result of constant research and application in the field, ranging from safety to traffic monitoring, to those aimed at managing water and energy resources.
REDEFINING THE FACE OF OUR CITIES, MAKING THEM MORE INTELLIGENT, SAFER AND MORE LIVABLE.
WE HAVE DEVELOPED AN ECOSYSTEM OF SOLUTIONS THAT PUT HUMANS AND QUALITY OF LIVING AT THE CENTRE OF EVERY INTERVENTION.
PRODUCT TYPE AND FUNCTIONS
THE MANAGEMENT SOLUTION THOUGHT FOR REMOTE CONTROL OF PUBLIC LIGHTING AND CREATION OF THE NETWORK SUPPORTING THE IoT SOLUTIONS FOR SMART CITIES.
City lighting becomes intelligent and connected, an element that can transform the face of city centres by enabling value-added services that can improve the quality of life and increase the well-being of citizens.
Filippetti Group has developed a solution that will revolutionise the way we manage lighting in our cities. By integrating the benefits of LED technology with intelligent light management systems, we have developed solutions that deliver benefits that go beyond simple lighting.
Street Lighting Management enables the monitoring of the condition of each lighting device, from control and on/off programming to intelligent lighting management. The solution is implemented by integrating the Street Light Control inside the lighting device, a technology developed in-house by Filippetti Group, which allows you to manage the entire network (or a single lamp) by means of the IoT Smart Platform.
Each controller also helps create a city connectivity network, thanks to the presence on-board of a Wi-Fi connectivity module, and the provision of value-added services for citizens.
Thanks to this functionality, Municipalities or Managing Authorities can take advantage of the revamping activities of lighting to create advanced systems for remote lighting control and management.
Our solution allows you to create integrated platforms, which, starting with public lighting, expand the range of public services. The lighting points become “smart nodes” on which different technologies and interactive functions (such as reserved parking management, digital signage services, environmental monitoring or protection of buildings and public property) can be integrated on the “intelligent pole”, with the purpose of developing the most modern and sustainable Smart Cities.
The Street Lighting Management solution consists of a specific device (Street Light Control) to be connected to the lighting fixture and a state-of-the-art Platform Cloud (IoT Smart Platform) that enables the management of lighting based on street classification, scheduling of dimming percentages according to pre-set profiles, diagnoses for each lighting device and real-time recording of anomalies and consumption for each luminaire.
The solution allows point-to-point remote control, i.e. of the single lamp, or remote control of the line (groups of street lamps).
One of the special features of Filippetti Group’s Street Lighting Management is that each device integrates a buffer battery that allows its operation, even when the power supply to the mains fails because of twilight switches. Each device, in addition to being a complete remote control unit for the streetlight, is also a node of the SmartNetwork and allows the creation of dynamic networks with a peer-to-peer structure, ensuring service continuity and reliability.
The devices used are installable inside or outside any lighting fixture, thanks to their NEMA connector.
- Savings and environmental sustainability: reduction of energy consumption and light pollution. Reduced maintenance costs of the lighting system;
- Modular and flexible: the system adapts to any smart city scenario, even in very large contexts.
- Intelligent: it allows monitoring of the status of each individual luminaire, programming and definition of operating profiles; the possibility of executing commands on individual lamp or groups of them (Remote control and point-to-point or line management );
- Expandable: can be integrated with IoT devices
- Diagnosis of each individual luminaire: analysis dashboard with statistics on consumption, hours of operation and list of malfunctions;
- Remote control and regulation: automatic dimmer change, pre-programmed, remotely adjustable, on/off, dimming, parameter change;
- Analysis of plant performance, monitoring of energy consumption and predictive functions.
THE SMART SOLUTION FOR THE DIGITALISED MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC/PRIVATE CAR PARKING AREAS IN URBAN SPACES.
Smart parking management in urban areas is one of the challenges faced by Municipalities and Managers in pursuing development and management models that are compatible with the growing need to provide drivers with value-added services and increasingly digitalised processes.
The solution developed by Filippetti Group was created to offer parking services based on best-in-class IoT technologies that are easy to install and maintain. A set of hardware and software components developed in-house by Filippetti Group, created from the experience in the field and from a tireless research activity.
Using the location technologies developed by Filippetti Group (specialised sensors powered by long-life batteries – up to 10 years – drowned in the road surface), the SmartParking solution helps precisely identify each free parking space of an urban area (or in an indoor car parking area) and drive the driver to his or her destination through special variable message signs or APPs.
SmartParking is also able to detect infringements thanks to the ability to allocate the parking space in real time to the car/person who has the right to use it (e.g. disabled parking, etc.).
- Monitoring of free or occupied parking space;
- Correlation of the spot with the occupant, verification of the authorisation through identification of the car or driver using tags or badges on board of the car;
- Sending communications of information about breaches.
- Possibility of inserting bars, gates or other automated systems;
- Correlation of the status of the parking space with authorisations (driving licence, municipal certifications, etc.);
- Place reservation and interactive messaging to reach the assigned parking lot;
- Integration with video surveillance systems.
- Intelligent: using state-of-the-art IoT technologies, the solution enables advanced management of parking spaces in urban areas;
- Powerful: it allows integrated management of several parking areas from a single platform;
- Integrable: the solution allows full integration with existing video surveillance systems to ensure a complete security system.
THE SOLUTION FOR THE MONITORING OF HIGHWAY ARTERIES AND HIGH ROUTE VIARY TRACTS, BASED ON STATE-OF-THE-ART IoT TECHNOLOGY.
Filippetti Group’s SmartRoads solution is intended for monitoring and securing motorway arteries and roads in general, through the use of the best IoT technologies currently available in terms of continuous monitoring, vehicle classification and census, and environmental monitoring. SmartRoads allows you to collect and analyse huge amounts of data and use them, according to pre-established parameters for road safety and infrastructure maintenance activities (viaducts, tunnels, etc.).
SmartRoads also allows the creation of a digital information system – in real time – to provide information to drivers.
The solution involves the use of different types of state-of-the-art IoT sensors – produced by Filippetti Group – for the monitoring of structural parameters of viaducts, tunnels and infrastructures, environmental parameters, for those related to the classification of vehicular traffic and of personnel in charge of the inspection phases on the field through digitalisation of the relevant processes.
The sensors connected through the Smart Network infrastructure are installed in the areas concerned following a characterisation that usually starts from an as-built design (also BIM) that allows geo-referencing.
The data coverage, guaranteed by Filippetti Group Smart Network technology, allows you to collect and send the monitoring data to the IoT Smart Platform for further analysis and any planning of maintenance operations.
SmartRoads is also a scalable infrastructure that can be easily integrated with any other advanced mobility services that the operator may decide to adopt.
- Smart Road allows you to conceive and manage road infrastructures as a complex system that is simultaneously:
- the object of continuous monitoring
- the main centre for the measurement and collection of traffic characterisation data
- information service hubs for road users and other bodies responsible for monitoring the environment.
- An accurate and continuous control of the wear and tear and stability of complex civil architectures such as bridges and tunnels guarantees the safety of road users as well as a complete paradigm change in preventive maintenance.
- The support with the modern integrated design tools (BIM) allows you to make full use of the value of these new techniques by going from a static as-built to a dynamic maintenance system to ensure the continuity of services provided to the users involved.
THE DIGITAL SOLUTION FOR ROAD TRAFFIC CLASSIFICATION.
The Traffic Counter solution developed by Filippetti Group uses integrated specific wireless IoT sensors– produced in-house – powered by long-lasting batteries and embedded in the roadway.
These devices, which are sensitive to variations in the earth’s magnetic field, are therefore able to detect the transit of metal masses. The information is transmitted through Filippetti Group’s SmartNetwork to the centralised platform (IoT Smart Platform) for storage and analysis, and for the purpose of classifying the monitored traffic roads.
It is also possible to collect information on the traffic in transit by means of integration with suitably designed, installed and configured specific licence plate recognition or laser vehicle classification solutions.
The system can also be integrated with the main video surveillance systems.
The TrafficCounter solution provides the registration of traffic information and specifically the number of transits during specific time units in order to correctly classify the urban and suburban road sections during the various time periods and seasons.
This solution supports both the Traffic Manager and the Public Lighting Manager as it facilitates the creation of a correct mapping of the road sections and consequently find the optimal configuration to guarantee the best visibility condition for drivers, while also guaranteeing maximum energy-saving by acting on the remote control of the lighting bodies.
THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS
Our solutions and products are extremely flexible and include Use Case for very different operating areas.
ASK A QUESTION
Do you need to develop a specific
solution based on our products?