THE PLUG & PLAY BEACON POWERED BY BATTERY
THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MONITOR AND TRACK PEOPLE, OBJECTS AND ASSETS.
In the Filippetti Group Smart Network, the beacon is used in combination with tracking devices for position tracking in an set area.
The device can recognise the presence of any tracking devices (e.g. SaveMENOW) that communicate via a 125 kHz magnetic receiver, in an area with a maximum radius of 7/9 metres.
- Light and easy to install – the reduced weight, the small dimensions and the long-lasting battery power supply make it easy to install in any context without wiring, guaranteeing a reduction in time and costs. The beacon is generally fixed on the walls that define the perimeter of the area on the perimeter walls of the area that has to be monitored and place in elevated position, to cover the maximum extension and avoid any obstacles that could block the signal.
- Suitable for any scenario – The beacon is developed to be used indifferently in outdoor and indoor areas, and does not require additional protection (IP68 protection degree).
The device can be installed using the fixings available in the catalogue. An alternative case with different IP protection is also available.
- BEK_BOX_IP56: Beacon LoRa_Box IP56
- BEK_FA: Beacon LoRa_steel clamps
- BEK_FN: Beacon LoRa_nylon clamps
COMMUNICATION: SMART NETWORK PROTOCOL
The device communicates with the Filippetti Group’s gateways through the Smart Network proprietary protocol, thus enabling advanced scenarios in the Smart Safety context, through the use of PPE SaveMENOW.
The device integrates a 125 kHz magnetic transmitter (Manchester modulation), to communicate with the Filippetti Group SaveMENOW devices. Depending on the configured parameters and the project requirements, the beacon can locate objects or people inside the covered area, with a maximum radius of 7/9 m. Unlike anchors, the tracking is not done by trilateration (therefore, does not require the installation of 3 or more devices), with the disadvantage of having less accurate information (presence of the object or person in the area, nor the exact position).
POWER SUPPLY: by BATTERY
The beacon is powered by a type D battery, from 19000 mAh, which guarantees an average operation of 2.5 years, under standard conditions (variable depending on the use case).
Additional operation specifications:
The device is able to operate in two modes (non-exclusive):
- Classic polling operation;
- On demand operation (through UHF wakeup), typical context of a Virtual Gate.
Suitable to operate in Outdoor and Indoor environments with a high concentration of dust and humidity.
Average lifetime from 10 to 15 years, without maintenance.
LONG TIME BATTERY
Powered by long-life batteries (up to 10 years). The actual duration depends on the operating conditions.
The device supports or integrates the tracking functionality to areas where there are people, assets and materials, exploiting the 125kHz passive LF communication.
Fully plug & play and self-configuring device. It does not require special set up or complicated installations.
It allows real-time tracking of people, assets and materials positioned in the area covered by the SmartNetwork.
Equipped with LoRa wireless connectivity, which allows long-range data transmission and low power consumption.
ASK A QUESTION
Do you need to develop a specific solution based on our products?